[Coco] marty goodmans 512k coco 3

K. Pruitt pruittk at roadrunner.com
Thu Jul 2 16:28:12 EDT 2015

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen H. Fischer"
Sent: Thursday, July 02, 2015 12:54 PM
Subject: Re: [Coco] marty goodmans 512k coco 3

> And that address IS in the subscriber list.
>
> IMHO it is time to stop this plague of "via CoCo" Nonsense.
>
> Why is it any benefit to the members.
>
> SHF

The via CoCo stuff is just an attempt to preserve some sort of control over
one's email address. It's both harmless and futile. At least in my opinion.

When I first started seeing the via CoCo stuff I thought people were
actually responding from their CoCo! I spent several hours scouring the
archived list messages looking for mention of this elusive CoCo email app
before It occurred to me what was actually going on.

Though I have to say that I am kind of surprised that there isn't a CoCo
email app. I don't see any reason why anybody would want to use their CoCo
for email, but since when has necessity ever been the only driving force for
a programmer? I can walk over to the wall switch and turn on a light, but I
still wanted my CoCo to do it too, just because.

With an email app my CoCo could email my on my cell phone and tell me it
turned on a light, or whatever. Not because I need to know that, but because
maybe I just want to get email from my CoCo.

Geez, now I want to write an email app. What were we talking about?