[Coco] Finally RGB from a coco 2

Zippster zippster278 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 18:53:17 EDT 2015

Hi Darren,

The comparators weren’t behaving as I expected on the first prototype, so I’m laying out a second
one with optional hysteresis on the LM339s to enhance stability, and individual voltage dividers instead
of the very hard to adjust networks I had on the first one.

I may add a header for a piggyback board with a circuit using an AD725 ic for composite and s-video
(artifact support) that will hopefully be the clearest composite possible on a CoCo2 (in addition to the VGA).

There’s also a collaborative project I’m working on with Brendan Donahe.  An MC6847 VGA board using an
Altera Cyclone IV FPGA. I just ordered our development prototype PCBs last week.  This one will support
artifacts directly once we have it developed.

We will definitely have some 6847 VGA options eventually.  :)

- Ed