[Coco] xroar for Nintendo DS

camillus.b.58 at gmail.com camillus.b.58 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 15:07:44 EST 2015

amen….

Sent from Surface

From: Al Hartman
Sent: ‎Friday‎, ‎January‎ ‎30‎, ‎2015 ‎11‎:‎36‎ ‎AM
To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts

I think everyone is entitled to their opinion, and dog-piling on someone you
disagree with seems like bullying to me.

Opinions are like arses. Everybody has them, and they all stink.

I agree that the way he aired his opinion was not constructive, and won't
get the author to suddenly pull out of thin air a new "fixed" version.

We went all through this in the 68k Mac Emulation scene in the 1990's, and
we ended up with no emulator 100%, and the authors that could have used
their knowledge of the Mac to make a PPC emulator decided life was too short
to put up with the nonsense.

Everyone can be a critic, not everyone can code worth a damn. I've written
commercial software, but none of it in assembly or machine code. Does that
mean my opinion of someone else's software is invalid?

I sure hope not. I've been writing software for 8 bit micros since 1982. I
just never learned M/L or assembler. But, I've beta tested software, wrote
manuals for them, wrote magazine articles, wrote ad copy, provided tech
support, and reviewed them on BBS systems and AOL forums.

If someone told me my opinion had no validity because I couldn't fix the
problems I found, I'd tell them to pound sand. How many of you have opinions
on major league sports, but have never been a major league player? How many
of you didn't like the way a meal was made and sent it back, but you are not
a chef? How many of you have an opinion about a television show or movie but
have never made one or acted in one?

This guy can have his opinion, and he will get what he gets for having it.
No need to dog-pile on him, make ad-hominem attacks on him, or ask that he
be banned from the list. None of this feedback will change his mind. It's
all a waste of time and effort. Just ignore him.

-[ Al ]-