[Coco] xroar for Nintendo DS

Chad H chadbh74 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 29 23:39:13 EST 2015

I defend it because the effort alone put into these endeavors sheds light on situations and issues which benefits others regardless of how successful that endeavor may be.  I applaud anyone who seeks to improve the user experience in this community by any means suited to his or her own skill set and pursuits.  If they succeed in creating a great product, even if not perfect, we all can learn from it, maybe even callaborate on future improvements and enhancements or develop our own modified versions to suit our individual tastes (HDBDOS and EPROM boards are good examples of this that come to mind, two of many). Even if the endeavor fails to achieve its goal, its a learning experience for all involved or why may read upon it later.  Who knows, it may still help someone to succeed in their own attempts later on.

I will defend and encourage any and all endeavors that could enhance the CoCo community's knowledge base and software/hardware resources.  I try to refrain from telling someone 'why you can't do this', instead just say 'you will need to deal with this obstacle but I don't know how'. Otherwise I would have already done it.  There will always be others who can figure out how to do things I cannot...I applaud them.  A piece of hardware, or software (I.e. emulator) may have issues.  That just means its a work in progress.  But even a seemingly finished product becomes the same when someone comes up with bright ideas to augment or enhance it further.  This is progress..it takes time, patience and perseverance. There is no room for whining or griping as those things accomplish nothing at all.

On a final note... Before anyone should criticize the "quality" of anyone else's work, they should be able to produce evidence of work that accomplishes the same intended function but with better quality and the reasons that such increased quality exists.  If no better work can be found or produced, the person criticizing should apologize and proceed to shut his mouth and let the person who is actually working accomplish something.

Sent from my Transformer Infinity