[Coco] CocoSDC crash

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Thu Jan 29 08:49:35 EST 2015

Darren A wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 8:48 PM, Bob Devries wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've just experienced a crash while using my CocoSDC. It happens
>> consistently if I try to access the real floppy drive, but I have forgotten
>> to power it up.
>>
>> The Coco3 either tries to reboot NitrOS9 or goes completely awry.
>>

> That sounds more like a problem with the rb1773 driver than the CoCo SDC.
> You would need to remove the CoCo SDC and boot from some other device like
> a SuperIDE and see what happens when trying to access the floppy drive
> without power.
>
> - Darren

Then again, maybe not. :)

I just tried a test on a real Coco3 system using Roger Taylor's Drive Pak
(similar to the CoCoSDC) with NitrOS-9 3.3.0 running and the floppies powered off.
dir /d0                and after a long wait
ERROR #246

That's a device NOT READY which is what should happen.

Robert