[Coco] Color Computer 3 System gets top $$$ these days

Louis Ciotti lciotti1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 09:42:45 EST 2015

I like this in the question section

"This listing, I feel is a great investment opportunity for someone in
future"

<RANT>
OK so this just goes to prove the person selling it has not real clue about
the vintage computer market, much less the CoCo market.  One of the nagging
issue in the future will be "who wants it".  Lets face it, I do not see my
kids wanting an old computer for anything.  In 20 years they will most
likely be no means to hook the CoCo to any sort of display, we are on the
verge of that right now.  Sure there are a few RGB to VGA converters, but
there are small numbers of these and when the people making them stop the
well on that supply dries up instantly.  Anyone who buys an old computer as
an "investment" is a fool, just like buying anything old, supposed
"collectabe" toys, franklin mint plates etc. as an "investment".  This guy
is out to make money off of his father being a packrat from buying things
on the cheep as an employee when the products got discontinued.  It is
obvious the father never wanted the items to use, rather just bought them
and told his kids "these are going to be work their weight in gold when I
die".  If you want to invest in your future buy land, a house, gold, or
stocks....  real investment, not snake oil that someone says will be work
MILLIONs in the  future.
</RANT>