[Coco] Color Basic Renumber

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Tue Jan 27 16:40:40 EST 2015

It would probably be easier to extract the RENUM code from the Extended
Basic ROM and adapt it to be a stand-alone program.  I recall setting the
display window to where a program resided in memory and watching RENUM
occur.  The Basic program looks like a balloon suddenly blowing up and then
shrinking.  That's because the algorithm first expands all line number
references within lines to 5 bytes, so as to be able to accommodate a
possible 5-digit substitute that results from renumbering.  Then after
renumbering, all that extra space is removed.

Art