[Coco] Does llscsi.asm work with KenTon?

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Tue Jan 27 14:23:30 EST 2015

I am using ancient (pre-rbsuper) KenTon drivers (SCSISYS) because there were no modules made by default, but after inspecting the source to llscsi.asm, I see it does have ifdefs for KTLR.

I modified the module makefiles:

level1\coco1\modules\makefile
level2\coco3\modules\makefile
level3\coco3\modules\makefile

1. To include a "KTLRFLAGS" at the top (which generates the define for KTLR).
2. Added the targets of "boot_ktlr" to BOOTERS.
3. Added targets "llktlr.dr" to RBF (along with descriptors "dds0_ktlr.dd" on up).
4. Added rule for "boot_ktlr" (mirroring the boot_tc3 one with the KTLRFLAGS used.
5. Added rule for "llktlr.dr" (mirroring lltc3.dr)
6. Added rules for the descriptors (dds0_ktlr.dd, etc.)

(I just used "s0-s7" like the TC3, assuming I wouldn't be using multiple SCSI interfaces at the same time, but I should probably change those names.)

Everything builds and I get modules, which I will test tonight ... UNLESS someone tells me that these were removed because they don't work and may eat hard drives ;-)  (I found out my EZ135 has a physical write protect switch on the disks, and since I never intend to write to them again, I am hoping that will work.)

Anyone have any feedback on using KenTon with the current NitrOS-9?

		-- Allen