[Coco] 6309 port of NitrOS-9 Level 1

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sat Jan 24 15:37:21 EST 2015

Tormod Volden wrote:
><snip>
>
> You mean coco1_6309 I suppose? coco3_6309 works as it should, right?

No. There is no emulator of a coco1 or coco2 that incorporates 6309 emulation
far as I know.
A coco3 can run Level1 OS-9 and a coco3_6309 can run most Coco programs unless
they incorporate illegal opcodes. That's why I'm using MESS coco3_6309 to test
Level1 6309 builds.

>> Now I've never tried to create a Level1 H6309 package. So whoever may have
>> worked on that, it wasn't me. The level1 .asm files should work in a 6309
>> package as long as there is no confusion with stacks.
>> If all registers are pushed onto the stack, there won't be a problem if the
>> appropriate stack in os9.d is used. Unfortunately, there is code that mixes
>> statements like  lda 3,u  with lbd  R$Y,u and that ought to cause problems.
>>

> In the threads I linked to there were posts by you with inlined code
> changes. Please send me a patch for these changes. It doesn't make
> sense for me to try to manually detect which changes you made in those
> e-mails and retyping them. I assume you are sitting on corrected
> source files and can easily generate patches.

I had completely forgotten about that. :( I'll have to incorporate that earlier
work as I've clearly run into the same problem.
This must be an example of a senior moment. :)

Regards the source files, I have to get them by going to a local library and
from Sourceforge 'download snapshot'. I no longer have Mercurial installed on my
system so getting diff listings is not simple.

> Best regards,
> Tormod

Robert