[Coco] 6309 port of NitrOS-9 Level 1

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sat Jan 24 12:01:36 EST 2015

Tormod Volden wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 4:36 AM, Robert Gault wrote:
>> Tormod Volden wrote:
> I don't know what's up with the sourceforge web interface, but you can
> see my changes under "History":
> http://sourceforge.net/p/nitros9/code/ci/f4f1066c8096a49ff4b4b28c12589b16be8cb3e7/log/?path=
>

> OK, then at least it should build and run without too much work.
>

>> As long as the existing 6309 code is not embedded within a Level2
>
> This is probably a common problem. Didn't any of you already work on this?
>

> Yes mostly, and in a new coco2_6309 tree. Again, use "History" to see
> changes (until you update your local tree).
>
> Tormod

OK, I've been able to read the differences if not the actual files. Your changes
for coco2->coco2_6309 and essentially the same things I tried with coco1 ->
coco1_6309. I've built disks but they will not boot.

The only system I have for testing is the Debugger built into MESS. I'm running
coco3_6309 and the boot gets to the NITROS9 BOOT screen and then crashes. The
debugger indicates that the crash occurs in krn when trying to F$Link to Init.

Now I've never tried to create a Level1 H6309 package. So whoever may have
worked on that, it wasn't me. The level1 .asm files should work in a 6309
package as long as there is no confusion with stacks.
If all registers are pushed onto the stack, there won't be a problem if the
appropriate stack in os9.d is used. Unfortunately, there is code that mixes
statements like  lda 3,u  with lbd  R$Y,u and that ought to cause problems.

Robert