[Coco] DW & VCC

Brian Blake random.rodder at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 07:05:02 EST 2015

Bill,

There are some people who think they know it all, want everything their
way,  and there's no way you'll ever make them happy. Personally, I prefer
to give my support to people who are actually making new products;
(hardware and software) extending the abilities of the CoCo. Not the ones
who complain about other people's hard work from a soapbox.

You're better off just ignoring the complainers.

For the record, I'm one of the guys responsible for 100's of mostly windows
PC's in an enterprise environment - UAC does me few favors at all - which
its why its disabled. Sometimes Microsoft's 'best practices' are a huge
roadblock to productivity. As the old adage goes,  there's morethan one way
to skin a cat. We have the appropriate security appliances and appropriate
software in place to guard our network and the proper permissions on user
accounts - UAC is not wanted or needed by me and 1000's in my field. Just
because it's on Microsoft's MSDN doesn't mean anyone requested it.

So instead of criticizing others hard work, and acting like the patron
saint of Microsoft Security, let's get back to CoCoing.... yes Stephen,
that was for you.