[Coco] Cobbler and ERROR 244 on CoCoSDC

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Fri Jan 23 22:38:55 EST 2015

> On Jan 23, 2015, at 9:23 PM, Robert Gault <robert.gault at att.net> wrote:
>>
> Consider that Disk Basic (HDBDOS) will need to find track 34 and won't know how to do that on a hard drive with multiple heads/side. Short of changing the DOS command (which we need to do with double sided .dsk emulation disks), how could you boot to a hard drive?

The same way it finds it on a double sided floppy. Side  is the same whether it has 1 side or 100. Disk Basic (HDB-DOS, SDC-DOS) reads Track 34, Sectors 1-18, Size 1 so it always gets that. SDC-DOS turns that in to sectors 0-XXX so at least for the first 35 tracks it's no problems. Does that make sense?

		-- A