[Coco] 6309 port of NitrOS-9 Level 1

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Fri Jan 23 22:36:40 EST 2015

Tormod Volden wrote:
> There was some initiative to add 6309 support to level1 some time ago
> (Robert, Luis?). No patches were submitted though.
>
> I have added a coco2_6309 tree to the repository. It will build using:
>
>   make PORTS=coco2_6309 dsk
>
> Now it just needs someone to make it work :) Can you please send
> patches for the fixes that you came up with at the time?
>
> Best regards,
> Tormod
>
> http://five.pairlist.net/pipermail/coco/2014-January/128915.html
> http://five.pairlist.net/pipermail/coco/2014-February/130516.html

Tormod,

Something is wrong with the repository. One can't browse to Level1
http://sourceforge.net/p/nitros9/code/ci/f4f1066c8096a49ff4b4b28c12589b16be8cb3e7/tree/level1/
One gets the message "Oops, looks like something went wrong."

Regards an H6309 tree at any level, not all that much code has been optimized
for the H6309. Many if not most of the commands and modules don't use 6309 code.

As long as the existing 6309 code is not embedded within a Level2 conditional,
all that would be needed are new directories and makefiles that refer to those
in coco1 with the
include ../../coco1/whatever/makefile
AFLAGS          +=  -DH6309=1

I imagine that is what you did with level1/coco2 but I can't access it to look.

Robert