[Coco] DW & VCC

Fri Jan 23 21:08:26 EST 2015

It is actually worse.

He is forcing others to turn UAC off if they want to use his work.

The biggest problem is that it is all unnecessary.

For example, the VCC / DW quick start package I downloaded ran an installer twice (Which I each had to give permission to continue).

The only need was ONE installer for VCC which is what was needed before.

I reversed the mess with system restore, but not completely.

The third CoCo item on my list to do is to document where to put items like he is supplying.

In reading my thread "Windows programming then and now" I realized that where to put items was not covered.

http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=46

Here are links to "Developer Best Practices and Guidelines for Applications in a Least Privileged Environment".

There may be other interesting information here:

Http://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-home-theater-computers/797208-welcome-myhd-windows-vista-w7-w8-w10-main-thread-9627016.html

SHF