[Coco] Cobbler and ERROR 244 on CoCoSDC

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 20:14:42 EST 2015

Through experimentation, I found that the descriptors for DD, SD0 and
SD1 are different from the *actual* drive, even though the number of
sectors are the same.

I also found that if I wanted to rewrite the boot I needed to reset the
descriptor settings so that the SPT and T0S values were $0012, and the
sid = 1. I would need to revisit what changes I made to get there.

That way you can safely write the boot track. The changes to the DD, SD0
and SD1 descriptors are just used for re-writing the boot track and
OS9Boot (although I have rewritten the OS9Boot file without that step if
the file will be the same length, and I'm using KwikGen)

And yes, I went the "partition" route for two reasons:
1. because I wanted to see if it could be done, and
2. to make the boot disk a separate entity, so I could overwrite it if a
new CocoSDC disk image became available.

That last reason became a little obsolete when I started "fiddling" with
modules in the OS9Boot file.

Regards, Bob Devries
Dalby, QLD, Australia