[Coco] OS-9 128MB max hard drive - /sd1

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Fri Jan 23 13:11:33 EST 2015

> On Jan 23, 2015, at 11:44 AM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
> Basic09 is probably the easiest wat to do it. Check the bits in the open
> perms, you want read+writ=update.  Then you should be able to write past
> the end of the current file.
>
> Subject to the disk size spec'ed in the descriptor of course.

Well heck. I wonder what I am doing wrong. I *thought* I could just open "/sd1@" raw and seek to the sector I wanted and write something, but when I do that, I see the CoCoSDC blink for some time (Oh! It must be working!) then after that, the drive is corrupted (ERROR #214 when I try to access it) and not expanded all the way.

Hopefully it's user error. Unless the SDC firmware doesn't work the same way for LBA access???

		-- A