[Coco] MC6847 External Character ROM

Zippster zippster278 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 00:32:12 EST 2015

Well, I think I’ve found an abundance of unused locations if I’ve read the SAM
datasheets, CoCo2 memory map and schematic correctly.  96 unused addresses
listed as ‘reserved for future use or special io’ (FF60-FFBF).
They don’t seem to be used by either the 74LS783 or 74LS785 SAM versions,
so if they do actually light up y7 as they should on the 74LS138 (IC11) I can
use them for all kinds of stuff.

- Ed