[Coco] OS-9 128MB max hard drive - /sd1

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Fri Jan 23 00:25:57 EST 2015

I'm still working at this. I need to know how to expand the disk image from OS-9. My steps:

DRIVE 0,"COCOSDC.SDK"
DRIVE 1,"OS9128MB.DSK",NEW

DOS

In OS-9, I set /sd1 to be as large as I can make it:

dmode /sd1 cyl=ffff sid=8 sct=1 t0s=1

* This makes it $07FFF8 sectors (524,280), wasting only a bit of the max. When I tried the max, it goes to a cluster of 2. I have to revisit how I used to do it with my hard drive partitions. I thought I was using 100% on those.

format /sd1

...and say no to verify, since it will try to read and error out since CoCoSDC does not have sectors there -- only 156K.

free /sd1 reports 524,280 sectors capacity, 524,015 free.

But, if you dEd /sd1@, it errors out if you seek too far - again, no data there. I tried a simple BASIC09 program to open /sd1@ and seek to the end and push out a sector, but that produces "Segment list full" and crashes that drive. (I was trying to do it in assembly but I couldn't figure out how to use asm - I only used rma in my OS-9 days.)

Help?

		-- A