[Coco] Disto 4-in-1 clock2 with CocoSDC

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Jan 22 23:11:50 EST 2015

On Thursday 22 January 2015 16:19:01 Bob Devries did opine
And Gene did reply:
> Gene, this is for the Disto 4-in-1: clock2_disto4.

I ran one of those for about a decade, but its been almost that long since
I bought one of Marks TC^3 scsi controllers, with its own clock.  As a
real time clock, the disto would have to be in a big fail column because
power supply noise at turn on, or off, can and often will reset the time
to anyplace in its epoch.  Then the original driver used the wrong read
command, so it lost time at about 30 seconds per hour of uptime but kept
perfect time when powered down if the noises didn't muck it up.

The TC^3 controller and clock Just Works(TM), even with multiple drives
attached.  I set it so seldom I have to look up the settime syntax every
time I do reset it.

I doubt my fixes for the disto clock ever made it into the repo because it
didn't exist when I fixed my copy.

Sorry I can't be more help Bob, but I've not had that hardware in a slot
in ages.

> Regards, Bob Devries
> Dalby, QLD, Australia
>
> On 22/01/2015 11:02 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Wednesday 21 January 2015 23:22:28 Bob Devries did opine
> >
> > And Gene did reply:

> >> That's the conclusion I arrived at, Gene.
> >>
> >> However, although the code now builds correctly as far as including
> >> the code bound by the IFNE MPIFlag/ENDC conditionals, the clock
> >> still does not work.
> >>
> >> Regards, Bob Devries
> >> Dalby, QLD, Australia
> >
> > Which clock?