[Coco] Worst game ever...

Bill Loguidice bill at armchairarcade.com
Thu Jan 22 16:02:54 EST 2015

Mobygames is showing 7 Datasoft games for the CoCo, which is probably all
of them. I think the last game Datasoft did for the the CoCo was probably
The Dallas Quest, and that was 1984. Games like Bruce Lee and Conan were
also 1984, but some of the other movie games, like The Goonies, were a year
or two later. For whatever reason, I guess the relationship stopped in
1984. Datasoft itself only lasted until 1987/88, so maybe they were
doubling down on the higher profile platforms after 1984 in an effort to
stay afloat. They did a small selection of 16-bit computer titles as well
before they folded.

At least on the Commodore 64, they were among my favorite publishers. Games
like Bruce Lee and Mancopter were genuine classics, and, as stated, I
really took to The Dallas Quest too for whatever reason. They were one of
the few publishers that did licensed games mostly right.

-Bill

Bill Loguidice, Managing Director; Armchair Arcade, Inc.
<http://www.armchairarcade.com>
Authored Books
<http://www.amazon.com/Bill-Loguidice/e/B001U7W3YS/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_1> and