[Coco] Building NitrOS-9 on Mac OS X

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Thu Jan 22 13:57:13 EST 2015

On 23/01/2015 12:33 AM, Allen Huffman wrote:

> OS-9 is based on modules. Libraries, apps, etc. require no changes to the kernel or anything else. Most of these updates seem to be with hardware driver updates or additions.
>
> You should work with me on an OS-9 Configuration Wizard, Nick. It would solve issues "the rest of us" face when trying to make OS-9 go. Radio Shack had one, but folks got advanced quickly and never used it.

Why can't we have one copy of a game with the game files on it and
simply install it to OS-9 instead we have a custom boot disk to serve
every version of disk controller and every capacity of disk?

We have a hardrive under OS-9, It seems logical to that it should be a
case of making a folder for the game and copying the game files to it,
maybe an installer on the same disk to do the work for you .

I know it's possible under OS-9 but it seems to require the genius of an
OS-9 guru to accomplish.

Nick