[Coco] Worst game ever...

Bill Loguidice bill at armchairarcade.com
Thu Jan 22 10:09:32 EST 2015

I agree about Dino Wars. As a game, it's pretty awful. As a technical
showcase it was impressive for the era, and, along with Skiing, as the
first ever talking cartridge that didn't require additional hardware, an
important historical milestone, but definitely not much of a game.

Dungeons of Daggorath on the other hand I think you'll get a lot of
disagreement on. It's really the only game on the CoCo that's ever been
given significant historical ink and regularly included on overall "best
of" lists. I can see the game type not being everyone's cup of tea, but in
its specific genre, there's hard to find fault with it.

While I played and beat Dallas Quest on the C-64 (there was also an Atari
8-bit version), the CoCo version is wholly similar. While the license is
bizarre for such a game and I think it errs on the easy side, even with its
surreal elements that don't fit in the television show's universe, I found
it to be a compelling game back in the day. For that, I give it all the
credit since I can't imagine the hurdles trying to make a game out of such
a property could have presented. I'm sure some could find fault that it
didn't stay as true to the license as it could have, but I'll take a better
game over slavish authenticity any day.

Bill Loguidice, Managing Director; Armchair Arcade, Inc.
<http://www.armchairarcade.com>
Authored Books
<http://www.amazon.com/Bill-Loguidice/e/B001U7W3YS/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_1> and