[Coco] Build NitrOS9 on Windows, step by step

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Wed Jan 21 11:23:09 EST 2015

> On Jan 21, 2015, at 10:16 AM, Bill Pierce via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:
>
> This was never needed before. Something has definately changed in mingw.

Don't EVEN get me started about MinGW. At work, we use a GCC PPC cross compiler (ancient, no one here knows where it came from 10+ years ago), and the old install notes had an ancient MinGW installer and files to extract and they were up and running.

The new MinGW only had network installs, so it couldn't be used on classrooms without internet access so everyone ends up using this ancient .exe installer. Beyond that, yeah, things have certainly changed with how you get it all set up. I like the wiki's notes -- it covers the steps well, then adds some command line "gets" which is helpful.

		-- Allen