[Coco] Build NitrOS9 on Windows, step by step

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 10:58:23 EST 2015

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 2:23 AM, Allen Huffman <alsplace at pobox.com> wrote:
>> On Jan 21, 2015, at 9:13 AM, Allen Huffman <alsplace at pobox.com> wrote:
>>
>> I just gave this a shot on a Windows 7 PC doing the "dive right in, don't really read instructions" approach to see how difficult it is.
>
> My failure was caused by "echo" not being found for some makefiles. I had to hack an upper level makefile to be "/bin/$(ECHO)" and that got me past it. My environment must have a path missing somewhere.

This is caused by the current directory being first in the MSYS path.
Any time make enters a directory containing an os9 binary with the
same name as a tool make uses, such as 'echo', it tries to execute the
os9 binary (which does not work out).

To fix, remove '.' from your path.  This is covered in the guide.