[Coco] dead coco 2

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Tue Jan 20 23:35:36 EST 2015

Josh,
If any chips are in sockets, I ALWAYS press down firmly along the length of each chip to make sure the ICs are seated all the way down in the sockets.  If any do move, it scratches the pins on the chip to the pins on the socket so the oxidized layers are broken through and a better connection is made.
If the Coco still does not boot correctly, then CAREFULLY remove chips ever so SLIGHTLY up in the sockets just a little and press back down.  You don't necessarily need to remove the chips especially if you have no IC insertion tools to keep the pins straight.  Just be very careful to NOT BREAK any pins.  I wish you well in this task.  I have broken my share of pins early on before I finally bought some IC insertion tools myself.

Kip Koon
computerdoc at sc.rr.com