[Coco] HDBDOS - Floppy/DSKINI Mod

Chad H chadbh74 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 19 23:14:15 EST 2015

P.S.  I just came across this 2003 post from Robert Gault..  Thanks man!! ...

" There was another approach taken by Greg Zumwalt for the RoboCop and Predator
cartridges. These paks used a 64K ROM, a SN74LS10N, and a SN74LS175N to switch
the ROM as four 16K banks. This meant that if the programs did not use Coco3
specific programming (which they did), the 64K pak could be used with a Coco1 or
2.

The specifics of the technique were detailed in Rainbow, June 1990, p.58-64,
where Zumwalt mentioned in passing the Super Program Pak II using 1024K by 8 bit
ROMS or higher!"

I guess there were great heights achievable in ROM's, even with the CoCo 1 & 2's that never really became popular in use.
Too bad.  A 1024K  ROMPAK!?!?  Seriously!!??  Droooll....

- Chad