[Coco] FW: Color Computer DSKINI / RETRIEVE

Chad H chadbh74 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 17 23:20:57 EST 2015

This is a mute point as I have already confirmed there is a deficiency in the HDBDOS DSKINI routine that RETRIEVE cannot deal with for proper side/head selection.  I hardly use emulators at all so I am not familiar with the behavior of that problem and will not make assumptions that they act the same.

Please see previous post today for my confirmation.

At this point I'm stuck trying to add in a few bytes of code to the effected section of the DISKINI routine.  Everytime I try, which grows the file, I run into the FILL error with MAKE.  I tried commenting it out or increasing the $2000 to something else.  I tried adjusting the "MAGICDG+$1930" in the Hard Disk Driver section but all I get when I LOADM the .BIN is a hang.

I thought I could look at the .patch file that was used for the 16k versions of HDBDOS I've been seeing but I can't figure out how to run the patch or to examine it and see what is required to expand the HDBDOS beyond it's size in the repository.