[Coco] Memory available in NitrOS-9 ?

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Sat Jan 17 21:06:30 EST 2015

On 18/01/2015 8:47 AM, Bill Pierce via Coco wrote:
> Stephen, once you get 512k, OS9 opens up a whole new world on the Coco. It's funny, I've used several versions of Linux, every version of Windows from Win 3.1 up, and 1 or 2 old Macs, but I still prefer OS9 as far as "programming" and "getting things done".
> Once you get an OS9 system setup properly for "your" Coco system, the rest is just learning commmand  syntax.
> That's the whole reason I started "MShell", it does away with the cmd line and gives you a point-n-click interface. There's still a lot to be done to MShell, but as far as a "File Manager", it's the best in OS9.
> Once the other modules come about, it'll be a whole lot more.
>

> Bill Pierce
> "Today is a good day... I woke up" - Ritchie Havens

There are many who have experienced a different "world of OS-9" to what
you are describing.

Not everyone has your skills with OS-9 and not everyone has the same
expectations of what they should be able to achieve from it.

I've spent a lot of time with it and have found many shortcomings that
doesn't suit *my* requirements.

I have banned OS-9/NitrOS9 from my CoCo and have returned to a "pure
CoCo" environment.

People's expectations vary and their OS-9 experience will vary likewise.

Nick