[Coco] Memory available in NitrOS-9 ?

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sat Jan 17 17:02:36 EST 2015

Stephen, that's because OS9 and especially NitrOS9 was really designed for a 512k (or more) system. It will run on 128k but there's not much you can do with it. The best you can do is to trim your bootfile down to only what you need and nothing more.
As for copying files to NitrOS9 from the PC, MShell give a nice graphic interface to "point-n-click" copy anything from OS9, RSDOS, or the DW4 server PC. You can browse you PC as if it were an OS9 disk.
But, MShell "requires" at least 512k

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com