[Coco] CoCo Altera DE1 interface

Matthew Stock stock at bexkat.com
Thu Jan 15 22:33:21 EST 2015

Hi Gustavo,

Yes, I'm still lurking.  I have used the board pretty extensively for my
FPGA projects and found it useful.  A few others have used it as well so
far as I know.  Since it does the level conversion for 3.3v logic and
follows the same pinout as the Altera boards, you can use a straight ribbon
cable to connect the two.

Some of my Coco FPGA work is up on Github (http://github.com/mattstock/,
including a few iterations of a multi-ROM system that was programmable via
SPI from an Arduino, the start of a microSD-based disk drive replacement
(that was implemented much more elegantly by Darren well before I finished
mine), and some other odds and ends.  Feel free to take a look, and let me
know if I can be of any assistance.

I haven't been working on Coco projects recently though - I've actually
been working on a new CPU and machine design implemented in an FPGA as a
fun little experiment.  I've needed to delve into building a cross
assembler and cross compiler, and doing all three in parallel has been very
enlightening.  Not Coco, but if you're interested feel free to take a look
at these and other projects at Github.

I may bring it back around to the Coco at some point, who knows.  :-)

Matt