[Coco] Rusty ole FD-501

Thu Jan 15 02:40:14 EST 2015

John's files on RTSI are different versions? I do see two CoCo3x.exe files and they are different but exact ally the difference needs a binary compare which I do not have handy. Dates are in 2015? What is doing the unzipping is messing with the dates. W7, say it is not true that you are doing this.

IZArc says 2/17/2004 and 11/28/2003 so the CoCo3x.exe have different dates.

Just one Retrieve.exe and one Dskini.exe.

We need to be more careful with what we are saying, I keep reading things that make me wonder what is being said.

> PC drive's 2nd head was slightly out of alignment

Been there, done that. I homemade a SYM-1 system and got FLEX09 running with two (2) drives with heads out of alignment. (Single sided.)

(Anyone see what is missing in that statement? One more thing should jump out.)

If John's Retrieve.exe is not what you are trying to use, please do not say more. I know that Jeff's original Retrieve. exe did have the second side option. How else did I read all my double sided DECB disks. John had not started at that point in time.

> P.s. I will try looking for Johns source on maltedmedia later..maybe something useful will turn up

Perhaps Bill can report on what he has of John's emulator. I cannot take the time now to look for what I was using of John's emulator.

SHF