[Coco] Jeff Vavasour's Web Page notes

Thu Jan 15 01:57:08 EST 2015

>From Jeff's page.

It's been noted on bit.listserv.coco that RETRIEVE and DSKINI may not work with 360K 5 1/4" drives unless you set your PC's BIOS to (mis-)identify the drive as a 720K 3 1/2" drive instead. If you are having difficulty with both versions of RETRIEVE/DSKINI, this is another option to try. Consult your PC's motherboard manual for details on BIOS configuration.

I looked at Jeff's page for the first time in several years and now understand Bill's comment.

I was replying to what Chad H had written who said that Jeff's and John's source code for Retrieve was so different.

I now understand that Bill was suggesting comparing Jeff's two versions which is a good idea.

Reading Chad's original post I realize that Gene has not posted his often needed comment about covering the hole on 3.5" 1.44MB floppies. Please Gene reply on this point.

There are more things in Chad's original post that bother me. As he has moved on hopefully they will be sorted out.

I learned for the first time that Jeff had added new features for registered owners of his CoCo3 emulator. FAT32, only with Windows 98 SE and Lotus Magellan 2.0.

SHF