[Coco] Request for a new .dsk utility to make searching forROTROD

Wed Jan 14 18:42:14 EST 2015

How does that help if the 175 disks are in a 7z archive, or so many other sets I see on RTSI and elsewhere.

Any way, I have looked at the 175 disks using EmuDisk and now using CoCoDskUtil to look at the ones EmuDisk aborted on. (Note to author!)

As I now have the disks expanded I am thinking using Karen's Directory Printer after moving the files to a shorter path.

http://www.karenware.com/powertools/powertools.asp

Then perhaps importing the results into a Paradox table.

And do the same for the other archives as I look at for ROTROD files.

Then I would have the enormous power of Paradox available.

If I run CDCheck then the CRC32 values are calculated so dups can be found quickly. That may be a better way.

http://www.kvipu.com/CDCheck/

I have long ago determined that the same file on Windows and OS-9 Level-II have the same CRC32 value.

The ROTROD files in the 175 disks are the same set that has been moving to new places without any being added for several decades.

I got no response for my request for any ROTROD files ~ 10 years ago as did Bill's request a month ago.

The only real addition are the OS-9 Side files that are in:

ftp://randomrodder.com/techinfo/ No IE users need apply!

And the slightly different copy I got from Bob Devries.

The ROTROD list was not as useful as I hoped, it appears that major errors were made in data entry.

It's finding lots of files using a good list of files on ROTROD that Paradox can do.

Lots of programmers made lots of money writing applications using Paradox and my simple tasks may very well require NO Programming, just using the GUI tools.

But it has been 10 - 20 years since my heavy Paradox work and I have never really used the new version I installed five years ago.

Importing 60,000 records was easy, or was it 100,000. Anyway, entering all the CoCo programs on all the .dsk in RTSI and elsewhere could be done. But I am tired of doing things with no support.

SHF