[Coco] CM-8 monitor detection pin

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Wed Jan 14 18:38:16 EST 2015

Out of curiosity, what would be the advantage of the CoCo 3's "knowing"
whether a monitor was hooked up to it or not?  I suppose one could have
one's software go to the RGB palette if an RGB monitor was detected.  But
since users could not be depended upon to have the detection line enabled,
it just seems like that would create incompatibilities.  (Under OS-9, I
suppose you could have this be a driver option, but it seems like more
trouble than it is worth.)

Art

Art