[Coco] Challenge: identifying file type by sector of data

Steve Ostrom smostrom7 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 13 23:28:17 EST 2015

If the disk is bad, you probably are out of luck. If the sleeve is binding,
removing the disk and spreading the edges of the sleeve and then returning
the
disk to the sleeve, will reduce the friction and the disk MAY be readable.

If one or more sectors are damaged, the disk might be readable with the
proper
software. Keep in mind that some copyright schemes removed the data address
mark
from some sectors so a disk could not be backed up. A program like my
Colorzap
can restore DAMs to sectors.

Robert

Now that is really cool.  I didn't know you could restore a DAM, which
should allow the copy routine to work.  CDM allows you to change individual
bytes on a disk.  Can I use CDM to add missing DAM's to the disk?  Can you
explain how Colorzap does that?  I'm very eager to hear about this.

Thanks!

--- Steve O ---