[Coco] Request for a new .dsk utility to make searching for ROTROD

Tue Jan 13 21:11:58 EST 2015

Hi,

I have asked the two authors of windows utilities:

"EmuDisk Color Computer Emulator Virtual Disk Utility"

"CoCoDskUtil"

about a suggestion for another utility based on much of their utilities, I have gotten no response.

ftp://maltedmedia.com/coco/NEWLY-RECEIVED/GIMEchip%20CoCo%20DSK%20Images%20Part%201.7z

ftp://maltedmedia.com/coco/NEWLY-RECEIVED/GIMEchip%20CoCo%20DSK%20Images%20Part%207.7z

Contain 175 disks named 0000.dsk to 0174.dsk. Some perhaps DECB, some perhaps OS-9.

There are many other sets like this in the CoCo world.

What would be useful would be an utility that looks at files and gathers the dir's into a single text file for all the files in a directory with sub directories.

Then searching for individual files and Rainbow on Tape / Disk issues would be much easier.

If the non useful results from looking at 0000.dsk to 0024.dsk are repeated in the rest of the set, then the Rainbow on Tape / Disk that we currently have is all that we will ever have. Based on a very old message I had high hopes, but "little" John appears to actually have no more than what was collected once and just keeps being repeated every place I look.

http://home.mindspring.com/~sfischer13/

SHF