[Coco] 4K CoCo 1 & EDTASM+

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 11:52:03 EST 2015

Anyone has tried EDTASM on the lowest denominator of the CoCo world?

The EDTASM Pak loaded properly on my 4k, entered the sample program in the
manual and after adjusting the ORG setting on the assembly source (sample
is set to work with a 16K RAM CoCo) I got the assembler to do its magic in
memory first then into a tape. When trying to load from the tape though I
get a ?FM ERROR when attempting to CLOADM.

This was late Sunday evening, maybe I missed or messed up something, maybe
it is too much to ask for the constricted environment.

When assembling the code (IM or tape) I did try two areas, the Hex 11D-151
one denoted by the Memory Map as usable by machine-code programs, it did
assemble with no errors, then I  tried another free area below the top of
RAM and above EDTASM's real estate.

Just throwing this one out as I am getting ready to commute back home :-)

-- RP