[Coco] OS-9 startup file question

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sun Jan 11 18:03:38 EST 2015

Stephen,

> goes to standard out

Echo hello >/term

< reads from std in

>> is Stderr

Your time was probably working but the output didn't go where you could see it printing. You could do this to break it apart

Setime </term >/term >>/term

You could run a program and make error output go to a log file, or another window. Great stuff.

Sentime <>/term >>/d0/errors.txt

But you would want to do more than that... You added a + to append to a file or - to overwrite.

Echo this goes to a file >file.txt

Second time you run it errors with file already exists.

Echo this appends to a file >+file.txt

Echo this always erases the file and starts over >-file.txt

At least I think I remember it that way.

-
Allen Huffman - PO Box 22031 - Clive IA 50325 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
http://www.subethasoftware.com - https://www.facebook.com/subethasoftware
Sent from my iPad.

P.S. Since 4/15/2014, I have earned over $600 in Amazon gift cards! Sign up using my link and I get credit:
http://swagbucks.com/refer/allenhuffman