[Coco] Tandy OS-9 Level 2

Christopher R. Hawks chawks at dls.net
Sun Jan 11 17:52:15 EST 2015

On Sat, 10 Jan 2015 12:57:22 -0500
Stephen Pereira <spereira1952 at comcast.net> wrote:

> I’m curious about Tandy OS-9 Level 1 and 2.
>
> Even though I have Chris Hawke’s RGB-to-S-Video adapter, I do not
> have a monitor that will accept S-Video as an input, so I have
> another S-Video-to-VGS adapter going into a Dell LCD monitor.  Hence,
> the 80 column display on my CoCo 3 is pretty difficult to read.
>
> Does Tandy OS-9 Level 1 and/or Level 2 require the display to be 80
> columns, or can I use the default 32 column display (or maybe only
> the 40 column display)?
>
> Further, since I am using HDBDOS and Drivewire, is there a .DSK file
> for Tandy OS-9 Level 1 or 2 that I can use with Drivewire, or would I
> need to use a physical floppy disk drive?
>
> Thanks very much, in advance, for your attention and response!
>
> Stephen M. Pereira

Stephen:

	Try the nos96809l1v030300coco1_dw.dsk disk from the
distribution and see how it looks. (That's 32 columns and drivewire) If
that looks OK, contact me off-list and I'll tell you the simple changes
to make NitrOS9 build 40 or 32 column level2 boot-disks.

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
--
No one can build his security upon the nobleness of another person.
		-- Willa S. Cather, "Alexander's Bridge"