[Coco] OS-9 startup file question

Stephen Pereira spereira1952 at comcast.net
Sun Jan 11 17:39:14 EST 2015

So, here I am, making my way through The Rainbow Guide to OS-9, and I decided to play a bit with my startup file.

On the NitrOS-9 boot disk that I am using, the startup file ends with the command: date -t

I decided to change the command to: setime < /term

so I can automatically remind myself to put in the date and time when the system boots up.

My “problem” is that this does not seem to work.  When I do a cold boot, or when I do a reset, the startup file goes through everything it used to, but then it does not prompt me to make the date and time entry.

This is my very first foray into NitrOS-9, so, please be gentle!

Thanks in advance!

smp
--
Stephen M. Pereira