[Coco] The COCO vs The Apple II

didier derny didier at aida.org
Sun Jan 11 02:56:18 EST 2015

Yes but compared to an  apple II or a coco the graphic and sound were far superior and not so difficult to program
The technical reference manual was really great too

What I love in the coco is the "coherency" of the machine

- correct graphic machine
- correct sound (limited but nice possibilities)
- nice disk
- nice basic

For the apple:

- ugly hires graphic, hell to program
- almost total lack of sound
- unreliable disks (incompatibility 13/16, ridiculous capacity)
- buggy applesoft (integer basic was nice)

[it is clear that for the apple later some boards correct a part of the problems]

The commodore 8032/8096 will always be the machine of my dreams :)
Then the coco 3 :)
(no place for apple)