[Coco] The COCO vs The Apple II

didier derny didier at aida.org
Sun Jan 11 02:12:48 EST 2015

The commodore serial bus was hell, it was designed for a hardware handshake
But due to bugs in the hardware it was reverted at the latest minute to a software bit banging

I think that one of the latest disk drive made by commodore uses the original hardware scheme planned
(but only when connected to a C128).

You have all the details in http://www.amazon.com/Commodore-Company-Edge-Brian-Bagnall/dp/0973864966/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1420960262&sr=1-1&keywords=commodore+a+company+on+the+edge