[Coco] Replacement 360K floppy drives?

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Sat Jan 10 23:05:24 EST 2015

On 11/01/2015 1:26 PM, Allen Huffman wrote:
> One of my drives has gone out and now does IO ERROR on everything.
>
> I don't suppose we have a source for working 360K 5 1/4" drives anymore do we?
>
> -
> Allen Huffman - PO Box 22031 - Clive IA 50325 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
> http://www.subethasoftware.com - https://www.facebook.com/subethasoftware
> Sent from my iPad.
>
> P.S. Since 4/15/2014, I have earned over $600 in Amazon gift cards! Sign up using my link and I get credit:
> http://swagbucks.com/refer/allenhuffman

I had this happen to me all the time when I had my real drives connected.

The drives haven't gone out... the drive heads are dirty.

You've been reading these 30 year old disks and the magnetic material on
the floppy is rubbing off onto the head. When I was doing my disks, I
was running a cleaning disk after every 3 disks. I had to, they were I/O
error'ing. Cleaned the heads and I was good for a few more.

I haven't used my real floppy drives in years. Between drivewire and now
SDC, it's been reliable. I run a floppy disk free CoCo!

Nick