[Coco] The COCO vs The Apple II

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sat Jan 10 19:02:36 EST 2015

> On Jan 10, 2015, at 8:51 AM, Bill Loguidice <bill at armchairarcade.com> wrote:
>
> Sure, most
> computers could be said to be better in *some* way versus its competitors,
> but the decent ones all did more or less the same things in the end.

Another key sentence... Back then, there truly was a best machine for your purpose. Today? Well, you can have any color you want as long as it's black or white ;-)

It would be interesting to see a list of the 8-bit home computers and what each machine was "best" at. For the CoCo, I really think it would be OS-9 though I think for still pictures, the CC3 might have been better than many.

C64 had sounds and sprites so it was better for games, but just like the Nintento/Sega wars, sometimes Genesis had the better port of a game even though the SNES had better graphics... It would be a difficult list to make.

		-- A