[Coco] Question2

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sat Jan 10 17:27:33 EST 2015

Jarl, I used to run Shanghai quite a bit, and yes, it will run own it's own. Just merge runb with syscall, inkey, and gfx2. Then load runb.
Next, change your window type to the proper window before running the game. There are several utils that will do this, I think "setype" is one of them.
Now, just run the game.

You are aware that there is a tile editor available for ShangHai as well? Also by Shawn Driscol. It available in the RTSI archives as "shanghaied.lzh" (I think) or something of that nature.
If you can't find it, send me an email and I'll send ya a disk image.
Back in the early 90s, I had a disk full of tile sets I made for Shanghai. In archiving my old floppies, that disk was trashed and so I lost the sets. As for the background picture, I think it's an unsquashed VEF file, so you could replace it with a VEF of your choice by just renaming it (I think). I seem to remember doing this.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com