[Coco] Tandy OS-9 Level 2

Stephen Pereira spereira1952 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 10 12:57:22 EST 2015

I’m curious about Tandy OS-9 Level 1 and 2.

Even though I have Chris Hawke’s RGB-to-S-Video adapter, I do not have a monitor that will accept S-Video as an input, so I have another S-Video-to-VGS adapter going into a Dell LCD monitor.  Hence, the 80 column display on my CoCo 3 is pretty difficult to read.

Does Tandy OS-9 Level 1 and/or Level 2 require the display to be 80 columns, or can I use the default 32 column display (or maybe only the 40 column display)?

Further, since I am using HDBDOS and Drivewire, is there a .DSK file for Tandy OS-9 Level 1 or 2 that I can use with Drivewire, or would I need to use a physical floppy disk drive?

Thanks very much, in advance, for your attention and response!

smp
--
Stephen M. Pereira
Bedford, NH  03110