[Coco] retrobright

Bill Loguidice bill at armchairarcade.com
Fri Jan 9 12:26:55 EST 2015

That's tricky to do right, but even assuming it's done right and looks
awesome at the end, you've suddenly defeated the purpose behind something
like Retrobrite, which is to make it look just the original. Once you add
paint, it's custom, not original looking.

For my money, I'd only consider painting vintage metal (not plastic)
computers with rusty or worn panels, and then only with near exact matches
of the original color. And "consider" and "actually do" are miles apart.

It's good though to see more and more discussions about what to do about
"yellowed" computers and consoles at various places, because it will almost
certainly get worse over time. I'm just not sure Retrobrite  (and yes, I'm
too lazy to look up the correct spelling at the moment) is the ultimate
answer until we truly know the long-term consequences, though I certainly
don't fault anyone for trying it.

Bill Loguidice, Managing Director; Armchair Arcade, Inc.
<http://www.armchairarcade.com>
Authored Books
<http://www.amazon.com/Bill-Loguidice/e/B001U7W3YS/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_1> and