[Coco] 1985

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Thu Jan 8 22:12:12 EST 2015

I've had great success so far tonight reading disks from 1985. I'm surprised they still work.

I found my Kawai K1 MIDI Librarian (first commercial program I wrote) for Rulaford Research, and the Casio CZ-101 update I did of their existing product. Apparently in 1991 I did a Kawai K4 version, too. I had completely forgotten that.

I have only wiped out a few disks so far doing a ",NEW" on an existing image. Oops. Way too many disks to keep track of manually. (Note: SDC-DOS should give an ?AE error or something if you try to ,NEW an image that is already there.)

And so it begins... And I already ran in to disks marked "DS" that have no extra hole punched, so those are POKE double sided. Grrr.

		-- Allen