[Coco] CocoSDC + floppy drives

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Thu Jan 8 21:06:02 EST 2015

> On Jan 7, 2015, at 12:14 AM, Darren A <mechacoco at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> A new SDC Driver and Boot Module were uploaded to the NitrOS-9 repository a
> couple of weeks ago. The nightly build disk images have not yet been
> updated to include these changes.
>
> The Init routine in the new driver now scans the MPI slots looking for a
> *real* floppy controller. If it finds one then it makes that the active
> slot so that /d0,  /d1, etc will access real floppy drives.
>
> The slot containing the CoCo SDC is now activated only during I/O calls for
> /sd0 or /sd1.

I just downloaded the NitrOS-9 disk images to try them out. The standard image boots so fast, and looking at it, I can see OS-9 has evolved quite a bit since I last ran it. Lots of submodules and such that didn't used to be there.

The _cocosdc boot also boots and I see it has RbSuper and llcocosdc for the drivers.

How do I manipulate disk images from OS-9?

And how do I access the physical drives? /d0 and /sd0 are both the image I mounted and booted from.

But wow. So fast.

		-- Allen