[Coco] CoCo 128-column text mode

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 13:09:05 EST 2015

On Thu, 8 Jan 2015, Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) wrote:

> If everybody stop bothering with ASM who will make the compilers ???

I'm in no way advocating that "everyone stop bothering" with it :-).
Just trying to point out that it doesn't necessarily buy you anything for
many day to day programming activities on contemporary PC hardware.
Developer time is far more expensive than hardware in today's world and
for the vast majority of problems (but certainly not ALL) that developer
can be more productive in a high-level language.

At any rate, it was not my intent to hijack this thread and I certainly
don't want to add fuel to a flame war, so I'll cease and desist on the
subject.